A Text Book Example of the “I Figured Out How To Make Social Media Work For My Business” Victory Pose.
For those of you living under a rock, social media marketing through sites such as twitter and face book has become a norm for anyone running a business. If you’re wondering what all the hoopla is, here’s a simple post that outlines the marketing phenomenon that is social media marketing.
Here’s why social media marketing works so well:
1) People are more likely to buy from friends. If you had a plumbing problem, and you had a friend who was a plumber, you’d most likely hire him than random plumber x, right? The same concept follows with social media. Why buy from random business x when you could buy from the business that you tweet with daily?
2) It’s Free. Since sites like twitter, facebook, digg, etc are free, the only investment into your social media marketing is your time.
3) It works for businesses of every size. Everyone from multi-billion dollar corporations to celebrities to start-up businesses can all utilize twitter, facebook, digg, etc. Those are some wide-ranging tools!
4) You Market To Targeted Traffic. People pay to get traffic. They hire SEO experts to get traffic. With social media marketing, all you have to do is tweet to get traffic. Traffic that is targeted to your market. Wow.
5) It’s fun! Come on – who doesn’t like to chat it up with business associates, read useful articles, and find new deals… while calling it work!
6) You can access it from anywhere. Because social media networks are browser based, you can access them from phones, laptops, ipads – anywhere there is an internet connection.
7) There are tons of resources to help you get started – Even if you’re in the dark, there’s many great pages, tools, and resources to help you on your social media marketing journey. So, no excuses.
8 ) Did I mention dirt Cheap marketing?Yes – I mentioned the sites are free, but please. Take a moment to consider this – social media lets you market directly to people interested in your market. For free. Most companies have had to pay thousands of dollars- if not more- for the type of lead generation a single tweet can give you.
9) You Can Use It As Much as You Want – While I don’t recommend sending facebook updates and tweets at all hours of the day, there really is no limit to how much you can send. And since it’s free, there’s no need to sweat the costs.
10) It keeps Your Business Fresh In Your Customer’s Minds. When customers and clients get used to seeing your tweets and posts every day, your business is constantly present in their minds. So even if they don’t need a plumber, an seo expert, or even a copywriter today – you can bet when they finally do need one, they’ll come to the person they know and trust!
So if you don’t already have accounts, go make them! Even if you end up using them only occasionally, you’ll be surprised how far that tweet or post can stretch.
And while you’re at it, add me! I look forward to seeing you on the social dance floor
Talk to you soon,
P.S. I haven’t forgotten about my SEO or Slogan Posts – I like to mix things up a little – so check back here soon for some more Clear Copywriter goodness!